November Derbyshire Weight Loss and Fitness Camp

admin
Site Admin

November Derbyshire Weight Loss and Fitness Camp

Post by admin »

Good day to you all!

This is your chat room so please pop on and introduce yourself.

If you would like to ask any questions please fire away. You will find myself (Stephen)
and all the mentors Helen, Andy and Sean always willing to help, guide and relax you
from any pre course nerves.

See you all soon

Stephen and The Mentors :D :D :D :D
juliewi

Re: November Derbyshire Weight Loss and Fitness Camp

Post by juliewi »

Hi Everyone .. I'm Julie, aka Jools

I'm 52 on the 21st Nov and have been 'stalking' fit farms for over a year .. finally I talked my fella into thinking it would be an ace birthday pressy !

I've learned a few things over the last 12 months about 'ageing' and middle age spread and hormones that no one ever warned me about .. its been an interesting journey LOL..

The last time I really got off my backside was in 1983 (yes 1983 !) when I joined the Royal Navy and had to get fit to pass the physical exam .. I've been going backwards ever since, so since 50 is the new 'whatever age' time to get sorted ..I'd like to be around for another half century if possible and like the rest of you lovely ladies get out of the habits and get healthy and fit. Ive always hated exercise since it was a slog at school and i was just rubbish at sport. I really hope that Fit Farms helps me find something I can enjoy that is physical. (Not sure lifting a wine glass counts).

Looking forward to meeting some like minded ladies and finding some inspiration .. I'm dreading it and excited all at the same time. Scary stuff this getting older :) Fat, and 50;s wouldn't mind changing the Fat to Fabulous !

See you Sunday Evening x
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hei Julie

It's Stephen here who booked you onto the course over the phone.

We like being stalked especially when you end up joining us.

It's going to be great fun albeit challenging on the course.

Thanks again for joining us and have a safe journey.

Any questions please ask away.

Stephen
katen

Post by katen »

Hi all,

I'm Kate. I'm coming on the 7 day course in November. I've never been on anything like this before, so, like Jools, am a bit nervous - my friends think I'm a bit mad to go on this, even though I've told them (trying to reassure myself??!) it's "not a boot camp". But I hope it will be motivating and we can support each other and make good friendships.

I've been gaining weight for several years and am beginning to feel the physical effects of that, so it would be great if this week could be the start of me losing weight and feeling fitter and more lively. I've had to give up playing tennis because of the weight-related pains I'm getting. I find walking and running give me sciatica and hip pains, so I have been trying to do the pre-course walking/running thing on my bike, gradually increasing distance and the decreasing the number of hills I avoid! When I'm fit and able I love tennis and team games - anything where the focus is on the game rather than the exercise :0)

So, although I'm incredibly nervous about the course, I'm also looking forward to meeting you all and getting started on a more positive relationship with food and exercise.

Kate
lynb

Post by lynb »

Hi

I'm Lyn. I'm coming to the 5 night course this month. I feel as if I'm stuck in a rut. I have gym membership, but don't feel I'm getting the most out of it. I have slowly put on weight over the last few years and can't seem to shift it. Looking forward to meeting like-minded people and supporting one another. It's something I've wanted to do for a while, and finally plucked up the courage to book myself on this course. Like others I'm looking forward to it and apprehensive in equal measures!

Lyn
amandawi

Post by amandawi »

Hi there everyone,
Im Amanda and Im coming from Leeds for a 7 day adventure in Derbyshire! Im really looking forwards to meeting everyone and Im pretty sure we will have a laugh (maybe despite the challenges). I know what its like to be fit and its brilliant, unfortunately....Im not that now! Im not sure what the deciding factor was, but Im glad Ive taken the first step. Both my teenage daughters are extremely fit and have been very good at encouraging me pre fitfarm in getting back to the gym and doing a bit of swimming - until tonight when I went for a jog and one of them asked me if I was going out for a little trot around the park ! Cheek.
Anyway Fitfarm crew, bring it on (yes I probably will regret that, almost definitely).
See you all soon
Amanda
susanms

Post by susanms »

Hi everyone

Reading Jools' post was as if it was written by me! I'm 53 years old, havent exercised since I left uni after my first degree back in 1984. And I really dont enjoy it either! But I had a light bulb moment about 18 months ago when I thought its now or never, do or (prematurely) die - with the die bit looking increasingly like a real possiblity! So I have converted to the Atkins way of eating for the last 18 months and lost a bunch of weight. I also re-introduced my body to exercise this Feb (mainly pilates but fitness classes too with a bit of swimming). Still a way to go before I reach my target weight but I think I've plateaued, so Matlock couldnt be coming at a better time. I'm not feeling neverous, just very, very determined!! :D I too hope I find something that inspires me beyond the week. Really look forward to meeting you all and spending 5 nights together.

Susan M
fatimaob

Post by fatimaob »

Hello everyone,

I am Fatima traveling from Abu Dhabi- UAE all the way for the first time to try the concept of boot camp in order to change my mind set from unhealthy lifestyle to healthy one. Excited about the camp though nervous about my ability to practices the activities in comparison to other participants.

Looking forward to your support and encouragement during workout.

Regards,
Fatima
shig

Post by shig »

Hi all

I'm Siobhan from Cheshire. I have tried every diet there is, but have always put the weight back on through bad habits and my sheer love of food and drink, so hoping this week will break those habits for good

I am slightly apprehensive about the exercise, bit worried I'm going to keel over five minutes into the first sesson, but also excited to get started. Fatima, don't worry I will be the same as you :)

Looking forward to meeting everyone on Friday xx
miriumfa

Post by miriumfa »

Hello! It's me, Miriam. As ever, I'm a bit late in posting but had a small difficulty logging on which is all sorted now. It's been great meeting you all and working out with you!!